Prithvi Haldea, an M.B.A. (1971) from BITS, Pilani, is the Founder-Chairman of PRIME Database Group.
Between 1971 and 1988, he worked at senior positions in the corporate sector in the areas of exports, software, consulting, publishing, and advertising. He was also associated with the information industry and worked as a Consultant with The World Bank and with the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Since 1989, when he founded PRIME Database, he has innovated several databases/websites on one hand and worked on corporate governance and investor- protection on the other.
He is presently a member, among others, of the following:
- Standing Council of Experts on International Competitiveness of the Indian Financial System, Government of India
- Primary Market Advisory Committee, Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Committee for Reviewing Disclosures and Application Forms in Public Issues, Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Market Data Advisory Committee, Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Advisory Committee on Individual Insolvency and Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
- Association of Investment Bankers of India (Advisor)
- Nucleus Software Exports Ltd. (Independent Director)
- Nucleus Software Ltd. (Independent Director)
- Advisory Board, Gaja Capital
- Advisory Board, BGJC &Associates
- Advisory Board, Association of Independent Directors of India
- Advisory Board, manupatra.com
- Ibaadat Foundation (Chairman)
- Advisory Board, Rekhta Foundation
Mr. Haldea's past memberships include:
- First Trustee, New Pension System Trust, Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority
- Governing Board, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Finance High Level Committee on Corporate Bonds and Securitisation
- FSDC Committee on Commission/Incentive Structure of Distributors of Financial Products
- Ministry of Finance Task Force on Financial Redress Agency
- Central Listing Authority, SEBI (Board)
- Governing Council, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (Central Government Nominee)
- Governing Council, Institute of Company Secretaries of India (Central Government Nominee)
- Quality Review Board (Chartered Accountants)
- Investment Board, Postal Life Insurance, Government of India
- PFRDA Expert Group for Recommending Investment Norms for New Pension System
- MCA Committee for Review of Corporate Governance Norms
- MCA Committee for Review of Chartered Accountants Act
- MCA Committee for Framing of Rules for The Companies Act, 2013
- Secondary Market Advisory Committee, Securities and Exchange Board of India
- SEBI Committee on Disclosures and Accounting Standards, Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Committee on Review of MAPIN, Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Committee for Revival of OTC Stock Exchange of India
- Committee of Experts on Corporate Governance, National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.
- Listing Committee, BSE Ltd.
- Delisting Committee, BSE Ltd.
- Index Committee, BSE Ltd.
- Delisting Committee, Delhi Stock Exchange
- Listing Advisory Committee, National Stock Exchange of India
- PHD Capital Markets Committee (Chairman)
- Union Finance Minister’s Pre-Budget Consultation Committee of Financial Experts (comprising Chairmen of Financial Institutions, Banks, Insurance Companies and Investment Bankers)
- ICSI Standing Committee for Development of Model for Assessing Corporate Governance
- Editorial Board, ICSI
- Expert Group for ICSI National Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance
- NASSCOM Corporate Governance and Ethics Committee
- ASSOCHAM National Council for Capital Markets (Chairman)
- Jury, ASSOCHAM’s Awards for Corporate Governance and for Corporate Social Responsibility
- CII Taskforce on Indian Financial Markets
- CII National Committee on Capital Markets
- Task Force on Capital Markets, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce Industry (FICCI)
- Capital Markets Committee-2003, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry
- Advisory Council of Finance Area, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Expert Committee on Marketing of Financial Services for MBA Programme, Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Old Age Social Income Security (OASIS) Project, Union Ministry of Social Welfare (Invitee)
- Expert Steering Committee on Education and Training of the Post Office Savings Bank, Union Ministry of Communications
- Workgroup of IT Task Force, Govt. of India on Content Creation and Content Industry
- Council, Business Superbrands
- Board of Directors, UTI Asset Management Co. Ltd. (Independent Director:2005-2011)
- Board of Directors, Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd. (Public Interest Director: 2016-2019)
- Board of Directors, OTC Exchange of India (Public Nominee Director)
- Board of Directors, Central Depository Services India Ltd. (Independent Director)
- Board of Directors, Invest India Micro Pensions Services Pvt. Ltd. (Independent Director)
Mr. Haldea is a Guest Faculty at various academic institutions, including Indian Institute of Mass Communications. He has also addressed hundreds of conferences, and regularly appears in print and electronic media.
Haldea is a Guest Faculty at various academic institutes. He has also addressed hundreds of conferences.
As an investor protection activist and proponent of corporate governance, Haldea regularly raises issues with regulators and in the media. In the pursuit of this objective, he has also launched several unique websites which include www.watchoutinvestors.com, aggregating information on economic defaulters which now lists over 5,00,000 cases, www.primedirectors.com: a databank of professionals for listed companies to select independent directors, now hosting profiles of over 20,000 professionals, www.indianboards.com profiling directors of listed companies and www.msmementor.in, a national skills registry of professionals for the benefit of MSMEs. He had earlier designed and maintained www.directorsdatabase.com, covering detailed profiles of directors of Indian listed companies and www.iepf.gov.in, an investor education initiative in 11 languages.
Haldea has also extended his skills of information management to other organizations, by creating www.bsepsu.com, a website dedicated to disinvestments, a new website www.divest.nic.in for the Department of Disinvestment, and the PE/VC Directory for the Indian Venture Capital Association.
Ibaadat Foundation is a charitable Trust founded in 2011 by Mr. Haldea to provide poets their rightful place in the society. This is done through staged musical dramas, which entirely focus on the literary and lyrical geniuses. In order to accomplish this, Ibaadat employs new formats. Rather than the conventional style which has predominance of songs, interspersed with some comments/shers, Ibaadat makes its shows far more interesting and informative, in a conversational manner. Nearly 40 shows covering 7 poets have already been held in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Jaipur, and Dubai.
Mr. Haldea is also the Founder-Advisor to Rekhta Foundation which has created www.rekhta.org, the world’s largest website on Urdu poetry and which holds the annual Jashn-e-Rekhta festivals.